Friday, March 18, 2011

Have fun and clean up the beach on Saturday March 26!

I am proud and excited to be leading a group through Blue Element Scuba to participate in the SOLV (Sustaining Oregon's Legacy by Volunteering) Spring Beach Cleanup. While the shop is sponsoring the event, you don't have to be a diver to participate! All this requires is a love for Oregon's beautiful coastline, and a desire to have a fun day with some great people.

Join me and spend a great day at the beach! We are assigned to clean up the area around the Netarts Bay Boat Ramp from 11am - 1pm. Afterward, we will rendezvous for lunch at the Pelican Pub and Brewery (BYOL: buy your own lunch :-) ). I plan to bring my assemblage of kites for some on-the-beach flying time afterward if the weather is agreeable. (I have a large variety, from small beginner kites to fairly large lifters with sand anchors that are a joy to watch and I'm happy to share).

We will meet at the Netarts Bay Boat Ramp at 11am. If you want to ride share let me know and I'll try to connect people who want to share.

See complete information on the SOLV web site:
http://www.solv.org/programs/spring_beach_cleanup.asp

To "sign up" you must do TWO THINGS:

1. Either join the event through the Surface Interval Society Meetup group OR send me an email at amy@bescuba.com by Wednesday at 12:00 noon letting me know you are joining me!

2. Go to the SOLV web site and sign up at http://www.solv.org/programs/forms/form_VolRegistration.asp?EventID=18498. Complete the form, and when asked to select a group, select Blue Element Scuba.

No comments:

Post a Comment