Monday, March 29, 2010

Wells Fargo? Bunch of Bitches.

(I so wanted to find the skit from the Chappelle Show where Wu-Tang Clan have become financial consultants... but alas, Comedy Central does a good job of scrubbing out their content from the likes of YouTube.)

ANYWAY... not like this is news to anyone, but beware Wells Fargo. I was contacted via phone from the local office offering good rates on home and auto refinancing. Getting information never hurts, right? I asked the rep for quotes--he wanted to talk talk talk and I'm like, "Write it down. I'll consider it." He took some information and then I dropped by a few days later to pick up written quotes.

He had no real information ready, and yacked yacked yacked while he tried to pull together the information I'd asked for, which he had told me he had prepared and ready. In passing he said, "Oh, and by the way, I submitted an application for an unsecured credit card, you'll get it in the mail in a few days. Use it if you want to, don't if you like, whatever."

Sure enough, a credit card arrives in the mail a few days later. It's not a $10k card or anything, but... still. I DIDN'T ASK FOR THIS. You didn't offer it for me. You did something, without my knowledge or permission, that can affect my credit rating.

That is not responsible banking behavior. And it guarantees I will never do business with Wells Fargo. I told the rep that very clearly when he called me back today. He tried to save it and I gently pushed back, and he tried again and then I turned off the sweet and professional and gave him one sentence that left him stammering.

Heh.

So... I am still considering a refinance, in part because our mortgage was bought by Bank of America, another company which I don't care to support.

*sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment