Saturday, January 2, 2010

Neil Gaiman said it better than I could: Happy New Year.

What a beautiful New Years Benediction from Neil Gaiman, writer, artist and graphic novelist. (He wrote the original Coraline). Thanks to Daniel-san for leading me to this. 



"May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful. And don't forget to make some art - write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. May your coming year be a wonderful thing in which you dream both dangerously and outrageously.

I hope it'll make something that didn't exist before you made it; that you will be loved, and you will be liked, and you will have people to love and to like in return. And most importantly, because I think there should be more kindness and more wisdom in the world right now - I hope that you will, when you need to be, be wise and that you will always be kind.
And I hope that somewhere in the next year you surprise yourself."
Hear hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment