Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Can't decide!

I'm headed to the coast this weekend to do a "makeup" for my certification dives. The ear infection has cleared up, and I'm going full bore with every sinus medication I have in my arsenal from now until then in hopes of avoiding equalization problems. Wish me luck!

It's either this or certify down in Cozumel, but when I discussed the option with my teacher at Salem Scuba, it was clear that was the least desirable, because it would be crammed in between a bunch of other things. I don't want to push it that far. The dives are in Netarts (yeah, my first open water dives in Netarts, the next in Cozumel... hmmm...); now usually I would have headed up to Hoodsport and had to pay for lodging, etc. so instead of driving over each day, I'm trying to choose some place to stay.

You'd think this would be easy. One night, by myself, on the coast. But I can't choose! I'm finding some really cute places!!

First, there is bed and breakfast with poster framed bed draped with fabric (and bathroom has heated tile floors) for $140. Then there's a little restored vintage hotel (cute room, king bed) in a teeny fishing village for $90. A variety of other old moldy oceanfront motels have been eliminated, as have the chains of the world. There are a few great rental houses, but they are just too big.  

Who am I kidding, the draped bed (and large soaking tub) is the winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment