Monday, April 13, 2009

Moved to tears by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor.

It's a small world. The Sun Readers Group is one of my favorite groups of people, but one I haven't been able to join the past few months (if you read The Sun and are in the Salem metro area and want to join us, drop me a line). There's going to be a gathering this weekend (again, one that I'll miss) and in discussing the plan for that, the host directed us towards a TED talk by Dr. Jill Bolte Taylor.

That named sounded familiar. She looked familiar. And when I started watching the talk, I knew why. I'd actually spoken to her many times! How did I come to speak with a well known neuroanatomist? Quite by accident. When I worked for BlueMarble, she was a customer, seeing as how she lives in Bloomington. This was in 1998 or 1999, and she was well on her way to recovering from her stroke. Every time she called in we'd spend a few moments talking about whatever issue she had, and then untold minutes talking about brains!

Watch her talk. It's interesting, entertaining and it's stunningly beautiful. Truly beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment