Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Indulge me, please.

When I entered college, I was a psych major, having loved the two classes available to me in high school. While I parted ways with the academic execution of the subject, armchair psychology has never lost its lustre.

Being an extrovert and thriving on other people's input, tools such as the Johari Window thrill me, for better or worse. What is it? It's a simple way to describe yourself by choosing from a set of descriptive words. You then ask others to do the same. The results are fascinating, showing you what parts of your self-described self match with what others see, but more interestingly what others see that might surprise you.

Take a moment and go to this link and choose five words you feel best describe me. Please, only do this if you knwo me, kay? Don't worry, you can do it anonymously, and it couldn't be easier. Or, you can get your own Johari window and ask others to do the same for you!


Now the Johari window is all positive words. There's a darker side, the Nohari window. Give that one a spin, too, if you dare! (Again, it's anonymous.)

No comments:

Post a Comment