Friday, May 1, 2015

End of an era; no more Before & After.

It has always seemed inappropriate to call myself an artist, or a professional graphic designer. However, the fact is that for my entire adult life, technology has been key to expressing myself. Sending a design away for production was always a thrill. Even today, when the box arrives with the production of a sticker, flyer, booklet, banner etc. that I've designed, my heart races.

The bedrock of my design education has been Before & After magazine, published by John McWade. It was one of my first purchases for the Desktop Publishing Center at Indiana University which I developed and managed in the mid 90's. Since then, and through a myriad of jobs, volunteer positions and personal projects, it has remained a resource.

And now, I haz a sad:


I hope this transition is everything John McWade has ever wanted. My debt to him is impossible to tally.

No comments:

Post a Comment