The weekend, made all the longer as we had an adult snow day Friday as work was closed, has been laid back and easy. In part because you can't go anywhere.
Had a strong desire to bake. In order to avoid creating thousands of calories that would go into the resident humans, the oven yielded some crunchy peanut butter dog biscuits.
- 1 cup dry oats
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly grease a cookie sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine oats, flour, peanut butters, water, canola oil and egg.
- Lightly flour a flat, clean surface and roll the mixture out to about ¾ inch thickness. Cut mixture using a canine-themed cookie cutter and place on a prepared cookie sheet. Bake for 20 minutes on one side and then flip the treats over and bake an additional 20 minutes. Remove to cooling racks and let cool thoroughly, about 2 hours. They will harden as they cool.
Initial reactions are positive. Very positive.