Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Changed my mind. Again.

I'm STILL an owner of a Samsung S4. While very close to turning it back in during the 14 day grace period, and downright decided in doing so, I relented. The depths of Adroidness had not yet been plumbed, and wasn't that the biggest reason the change had been appealing? Just wanting to know, wanting to be able to speak knowingly on the similarities, differences, etc.

Now a few weeks more into it, the frustrations haven't ended, but I'm resigned to my fate.

It's still too big -- I can't one hand it, and often fumble it, dropping it A LOT. (At least you might say it's durable?)

The camera SUCKS. Slow to respond. Rarely in focus. Poor performer in medium light, much less low light. I don't care if it's 13 mega pix if it's FUZZY.

Now keep in mind I'm comparing all this to an iPhone 4s. A much older phone.

Battery life is a joke. I basically have to turn off EVERY feature just to get through a day without having to plug it in. As a result of this and all of the above, I don't use it as much, which means it's even worse than you'd think.

(Yes, I shut down open apps.
Yes, I use power saving.
Yes, I use auto dim, or set it to a dim setting anyway.
Yes, I've carefully reviewed apps I have installed, apps that are running, and the reports from battery usage to determine if I've got a vampire.

Nope.

I've just got a phone where the makers were more interested in worthless bells and whistles that 1)don't work and 2)drain the shit out of your battery, stopping you from doing basic functional things when you need to.)

Are there some neat things? Yes. Swype text is awesome. The voice control features are very good, and I like the fact that it puts forth what you've said in real time instead of bundling.

But that wasn't worth the switch. I'll keep looking for good things, but that's the report so far.

OR MAYBE...

Bad battery? Given the reviews and pledges of love for this phone, either everyone is just a big sucker for marketing, or something is wrong with my phone. I hate it so much, I'm going to go to AT&T to see what they have to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment