Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wandering Oregon.

Friday night, Scot and I set off for dinner. A celebration of sorts after a very bizarre December, we were wanting to spend some time and just relax. I planned to take him out to The Bread Board in Falls City. We poked around End of the Road Antiques next door just before they closed the doors at 6pm. Then we needed over to my beloved The Bread Board.

I'm a big fan of The Bread Board but must say, upon arriving and seeing a nearly empty dessert case and pizzas that were now $23 per pie... we left. That's really hard to say because I love these guys, and what they've built. But $23 for a rustic style pizza (which is thin crust, light sauce, and very spare toppings)? That's a marked increase from the last time I was there, and it just didn't sit well with me.

So we headed back to Salem, figuring we'd head through Monmouth and hit up the Indian place downtown that we loved... and we found that it was closed, and apparently has been for some time as there's something else in its place now. Whoops! (Our last year has been a little hectic, to say the least, and we've got different plans for 2012 let's just say.)

We hit main street in Independence... the pizza place is under a new name, and the little Mexican place on the corner is now a different cafe. See what happens when you aren't looking!? We decided to try Ragin' River, and it was an excellent call. See my long missive on EatSalem.com for the mouth watering details.

No comments:

Post a Comment