Thursday, April 22, 2010

When diving, bring along a great photographer.


Crossing the Desert
Originally uploaded by SubaquaticPhoto
In any group of divers, there are photographers. Even if you don't have a camera, this means you'll be able to see photos of your travels thanks to the friends and fellow divers who were on the trip with you. I really enjoy the variety, from informal shots by amateurs to the highly polished productions by pros, and everything in between.

Stephen Wood is a fantastic photographer, Salem local and seemingly all around great guy who I met as a divemaster in my OW class. (He's now an instructor.) I've had the pleasure of chatting with him a time or two (while hammock swinging in Cozumel or enjoying the post-fog sun at Les Davis). He's posted some great shots via Facebook, and he's publishing amazing shots on Flicker (as SubaquaticPhoto).

I can't stop looking at this photo from Cozumel. It's a perfect depiction of what I love about diving: it feels like flying. Flying through space.

Keep an eye on him. He sells prints, offers underwater photography classes, and more. Check him out.

No comments:

Post a Comment