Monday, June 15, 2009

Wanna help Ignite Salem?


I'm going to Ignite Salem -- anyone else want to go with me? I've got an extra (free) ticket.

What is Ignite? It's like TED Talks for the rest of us; you know, those of us who aren't super geniuses in some social or technological science. ;-)

For the official description, let's go right to the source:
If you had five minutes on stage what would you say? What if you only got 20 slides and they rotated automatically after 15 seconds? Around the world geeks have been putting together Ignite nights to show their answers.

Ignite was started in Seattle in 2006 by Brady Forrest and Bre Pettis. Since then 100s of 5 minute talks have been given across the world. There are thriving Ignite communities in Seattle, Portland, Paris, and NYC.


The roster is looking rather interesting.

Bless those with enough passion to share that passion with their community. I'm looking forward to seeing some of the variety our community has to offer. Spread the word!

4 comments:

  1. Twittering. Although I'm new to it. Do you still have the extra ticket? I wanted to bring someone along but they're sold out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you covering the event by Twitter? Cool.

    My extra ticket is gone, but they DO have 40 walk-up tickets available at the door starting at 7:30 I believe. You can get in!

    ReplyDelete