Friday, February 20, 2009

Salem Film Festival on the horizon!

This week I received my first emailing touting the coming of this year's Salem Film Festival. While I'm not a film buff, I strongly support arts events in Salem. If you want to meet some interesting people, support a unique project in Salem and get free admission to showings, volunteering with the festival is a great option! Last year was my first time, and I was simply part of a team at one of the theaters which took tickets and got people into the shows. It was fun, and I met some nice people (including JoAnne, owner of Tea Party Books. She shared with me her dream and plan of opening a bookstore downtown, a dream which was on the cusp of reality, and is now a vivid and vibrant reality downtown!).

No comments:

Post a Comment